- High quality education that offer equal educational opportunities for all.
- The main aim of the association is to provide high quality non-formal educational programs to promote personal and professional development for the citizens from the local community and abroad.
- Personal and professional development
- Promoting mobility within the country and abroad
- Promote entrepreneurship
- Digital literacy, digital skills and digital transformation
- Sustainable development and the “green agenda”
- Promote a healthy lifestyle through sports and sports activities
- Advocate for human rights and empowerment of vulnerable and marginalized groups
- Stand for democratic values and standards.
- Educational training courses
- Youth exchanges/mobilities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Study visits
- Networking events
- Local workshops
- Civic engagement
European Cultural Epicenter Bitola (EKE) is a non-profit organization registered under the Law on Associations and Foundations based in Bitola. EKE was established in 2012 by former participants in the Erasmus Plus program in order to share the personal experiences gained from the program, as well as work on creating additional non-formal education opportunities (in the form of: courses, trainings, workshops and volunteering projects) for the young people as well as for the adults from the country and abroad in order to build a society that fosters positive values and behaviors.
At the moment we have four regular staff members and four to six volunteers depending on the scope of ongoing activities. In addition, based on our needs we hire experts on an honorary basis. Our office in the center of Bitola where we have premises of 200 m2 to implement our activities and provide space for civic initiatives coming from the local community.
Based on the aim of the association and fields of interest, we implement our mission through organizing educational training courses, exchanges/mobilities and volunteering opportunities locally and internationally. On a local level we promote civic engagement by supporting local initiatives coming from the citizens and other associations. We deliver our mission of providing non-formal education and expertise mainly through EU programs by maintaining close cooperation with a diverse range of institutions such as: non-profit organizations, primary schools, high schools, sport clubs, private companies, local and national institutions. Also our organization has been part of formal and informal networks on national and international level.
In the last few years we have been working in the field of non-formal education with focus on young people and inclusion of vulnerable and marginalized people on diverse courses and workshops (national and international), mentoring programs in the fields of entrepreneurship, rural development, empowerment, ICT competences, social movements and campaigns. Our staff have been working on the topics of project management, training, coaching and facilitating to support the youth. Beside youth work, our staff are well experienced in work with adults as well, providing diverse non-formal education opportunities.
This year we implemented a project to bring the innovation closer to the people through youth exchange and local workshops on 3D printing. In the last two years we have also been working on education through sport in the Street Workout project. Therefore, we feel competent and ready to expand into a new aspect of the programme and work with like-minded organizations coming from different countries.